|FIRST LINE ANTI-TUBERCULAR DRUGS|
- It acts by inhibiting the mycolic acid synthesis and hence resulting in the death of mycobacterium..
- Main side effects include hepatotoxicity & Arthalgiia.
- It acts by inhibiting the DNA dependent RNA polymerase inside the mycobacterium.
- Main side effects include hepatotoxicity and Hemolytic anemia.
- Being an enzyme inducer it also results in contraceptive failure.
- It’s responsible for peripheral neuropathy and pyridoxine is given to counteract this adverse affect of INH.
- INH is microsomal enzyme inhibitor.
- Para Amino Salicylic acid inhibits INH metabolism.
- Optical neuropathy is the major side effect of the ethambutol.
- Major side effects include ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity.
This is an initiative to help our pharma community through spreading the knowledge. We are here committed to provide you high quality study material free of cost. If you also want to be the part of this initiative just like and share our facebook page so that more and more people can be benefited. Here is the link of our FB community: GPATCRACKERS